Part-time General Manager: 12hours to two days a week. £17,290 -£21800 a year or from £9.5 to £12/hour it has the potential in developing to a full time role.
We have an exciting opportunity for a creative, motivated and well-organised individual to take on the job of IJAD DANCE COMPANY General Manager. We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic, reliable, an excellent communicator and has a good understanding of arts management and fundraising.
IJAD believes that when one is being creative it is impossible to being a state of conflict- and so we use contemporary dance to reach as many people as possible.
To further this aim we use social media within performances to open access but also to question what the art experience is.
We are currently applying for research grants to fund exploration of this as well as our work. Recent performances include the AHRC Creative Economy Showcase, The Science Museum and The Victoria and Albert Museum.
Please see here for examples of our work:
The General Manager will work closely with the Artistic Director, Event Producer(s), Volunteer Coordinator Key Responsibilities include:
- Working with IJAD’s team to develop partnerships and income-generating opportunities
- Help create and action a long-term plan to sustainably grow the organisation
- Fundraising: researching, applying for and administrating grants and other income-generating possibilities
- Overseeing year-round running of the organisation
- Carrying on building the companies profile within the dance venues/galleries/museums/festivals/virtual platforms for performing and commissioning opportunities.
- Carrying on engaging with schools/universities/venues/galleries for engaging in workshops and receiving the toolkit.
- Understands Social media and converse on it
The applicant should be experienced in arts management and/or managing a creative business and have a proven track record of fundraising and revenue development.
This position is part-time, 2 days per week.
This is initially a 3-month paid position to be reviewed with the possibility of becoming a permanent position.
- The post requires an experienced Project Manager – a highly motivated and independent individual who has excellent written and verbal communication skills, and organisational and interpersonal skills. Applicants should demonstrate the ability to multi-task across a portfolio of projects and to work with close attention to detail in a moderate moving environment.
- have experience writing successful fundraising applications and have solid understanding of the marketing process
- This is a great opportunity for someone who is career focused who is interested in taking responsibility as there is growth within the role to diversify into other areas of management
- You will be passionate about the arts and bringing then to a wide range of people
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Conversant with google docs and Microsoft office
- Interested in social media and digital technology in the arts
- Experience of managing volunteers
- Knowledge of the tour booking process
- Experience in other areas of fundraising
- Previous experience working within the dance world
- Previous experience working within the digital world
IJAD has no political or religious affiliations and actively seeks opportunities to work with a wide range of cultures in the UK and abroad, achieving inter-cultural harmony through the highest quality contemporary dance events.
Applications due: May 29, 2014
Interviews will be held on June 2nd
If you need more info e-mail your questions to: email@example.com to receive a job description. Please note: You need to send a covering letter explaining why you want to work with IJAD and a C.V. The position is for self employed and legally allowed to work within the U.K.
This post interview is in two stages: First you meet the team than we ask you to submit a work plan based on the first meeting