Title: Creative social media (Unpaid Internship)
Reports to: Artistic Director/ General Manager
Team: IJAD Creative Team
This is an amazing opportunity for a Social Media enthusiast an intern that is looking into the future of social media and performances. This role will become a permanent paid job.
Main purpose of the job:
Finding methodologies to engage wider audiences creatively with IJAD and IJADs projects through social media.
To be creative with audiences engaging with IJAD through social media
To be creative when marketing IJAD’s projects in order to reach out to new audiences
Main responsibilities of the role:
To assist in all Marketing duties including but not limited to:
- Collaborate with IJAD team to understand IJAD philosophy of engagement
- Social Media optimization and planning
- Work with calendar construction
- Offline assistance
- Social Media database assistance
- Mailchimp assistance
- Keeping up with relevant arts, performances and tech news
- Create interesting blog content, text video, film
- Spark and maintain conversation with audiences, engagement tactics and strategy
- Experience in speaking to publications for PR purposes essential
- Familiar with all things social (analytics + social sites)
- Interested in arts, performance and technology
- Motivated, self-serving individual
- 3 month (minimum) experience in marketing(expenses) with possibility of employment for 9 months.
- Your contracted hours of work are 10 to 14 hours a week, for the first three months, and than to be negotiated.
Place of Work.
- Most of the work is based at IJAD’s Head Office, but all staff are required occasionally to work at other locations if necessary.
IJAD Dance Company develops new forms of dance for the digital sphere, making contemporary dance accessible, participatory and connective. Founded on the ethos that the arts should shape our digital future, IJAD creates high-quality dance and researches innovative digital platforms.
IJAD is a non-profit creative dance company dedicated to involving people that are, historically, less likely to engage with contemporary dance. We do this through multi-disciplinary performances, outreach programmes, and the development of digital technology for co-creation. We believe in the power of dance to uplift the human spirit and enhance people’s lives.
The internet is a new arena for dance which requires different processes to a physical performance. IJAD asks how we can make dance digital as well as physical: www.ijaddancecompany.com
Deadline 28th of April.
Interviews 29th of April
If you need more info e-mail your questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: You need to send a covering letter explaining why you want to work with IJAD and a C.V. The position is for self employed and legally allowed to work within the U.K.