Home > Workshops
Schools Dance & Science & Technology
January 2019 to December 2019 /
Title: The Universe in Motion
Available: January 2019 – December 2019
Duration: 1 hour – 2 hours, could be bespoke to the schools’ requirements
Suitability: Key Stage 1 + 2, GCSE pupils, dance & drama pupils Years 7 – GCSE
Capacity: Up to 30 participants per workshop
Space Required: An open space approx. 10m x 12m
Tech Support: PA system with iPod connectivity
Content: The best way to understand the physical laws of motion and the role of gravity, is to directly experience it. The workshop will explore the centre of gravity, momentum and posture. The workshop will demonstrate how these relate to both day-to-day activity and motion, and the fundamental laws of governing orbits and movement in the wider universe, thus, improving both bodily health and body confidence.
1) Understand how astrophysics relates to physical interaction.
2) Understand how the physics of gravity can be applied to their physicality and wellbeing.
3) Increase body confidence.
4) Learn about science through movement.
5) Understand how the physics of gravity can be applied to their physicality and wellbeing.
For more info and questions get in touch:
Subjects of interest: #Gravity #ScienceWeek #HowOurBodiesFunction #FamilyEvents #TransformingPublicSpaces #Learning #EngagingThePublic #Events #Culture #Science #EducatingTheCommunity #Bodies #Installation #creativsecience #scienceforcreativity #Dance #Science #GCSE