Home > Work with us
Creative Coordinator Job DescriptionWe are looking at expending our pool of creative coordinators We have an exciting opportunity for a creative, motivated and well-organised individual to take on the job of IJAD Dance Company’s Creative Coordinator. We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic, reliable, an excellent communicator and who has a good understanding of arts management and fundraising. About IJAD IJAD Dance Company develops new forms of dance for the digital and science sphere, making contemporary dance accessible, participatory and connective. Founded on the ethos that the arts should shape our digital future, IJAD creates high-quality dance and researches innovative digital platforms. http://ijaddancecompany.com/ The Creative Coordinator will work closely with the Artistic Director, Event Producer(s), and the General Manager, to support and develop our GravityMotion, which brings together scientists, dancers and the public to explore how gravity and momentum can be harnessed to allow us to move more efficiently and safely. About the role Salary: £90 to £105 a day Commitment: up to two days a week This is initially a four-month paid position to be reviewed with the possibility of extension. This has the potential to develop into an expanded role, with attendant pay increase. Location: IJAD’s office is in Willesden Green, West London. Key Responsibilities include: • To work with IJAD’s team to continue developing partnerships and income-generating opportunities, with a particular focus on the educational, higher educational, and community sectors.
• Research and apply for funding and income-generating opportunities.
• Manage the promotion and booking of our programme of workshops.
• Support our social media presence. The applicant should be experienced in arts management and have a proven track record of fundraising and revenue development. This is a great opportunity for someone who is career-focused and interested in growing with a small but impactful organisation. Essential Skills
• Highly motivated and capable of independent working
• Demonstrable ability to multi-task across a portfolio of projects
• Experience writing successful fundraising applications
• Ability to promote performances and workshops
• Excellent written and spoken English
• Experience with creating budgets
• Interested in social media and digital technology in the arts
• Passionate about the arts and bringing it to a wide range of people Desirable Skills
• Experience of workshop and / or tour booking
• Experience with philanthropic and sponsorship models of fundraising
• Experience working within the dance world
• Experience working within the digital tech world Applications due: 13 April 2018 Interviews will be held in London on the 16 and 17 April 2018 To apply, please send a covering letter and CV to: email@example.com. The position is for those registered self-employed and legally allowed to work within the U.K. IJAD has no political or religious affiliations and actively seeks opportunities to work with a wide range of cultures in the UK and abroad, achieving inter-cultural harmony through the highest quality contemporary dance events.