Home > Work with us
General manager, Producer- Part-time
To ensure that the process and procedures surrounding the general administration of the projects that are in place and adhere to.
The ideal candidate will have experience and knowledge of the working practice of performing companies, motivated and well-organised individual, someone who is enthusiastic, reliable, an excellent communicator, interested in performing arts in the digital space.
Salary: £25K-30K pro rata, experience dependent
IJAD Dance Company develops new forms of dance for the digital sphere, making
contemporary dance accessible, participatory and connective. Founded on the ethos that
the arts should shape our digital future, IJAD creates high-quality dance and researches
innovative digital platforms.
IJAD is a non-profit creative dance company dedicated to involving people that are,
historically, less likely to engage with contemporary dance. We do this through multidisciplinary
performances, outreach programmes, and the development of digital
technology for co-creation. We believe in the power of dance to uplift the human spirit and
enhance people’s lives.
The internet is a new arena for dance which requires different processes to a physical
performance. IJAD asks how we can make dance digital as well as physical.
The General Manager/Producer will work closely with the Artistic Director, Event Producer,
and Volunteer Coordinator.
Key Responsibilities :
A good understanding of:
• Tour booking
• implementing and maintaining: databases
• providing support to the director
• ensuring corporate and legal requirements are complied with, and reporting to the
board of directors.
• planning and organising logistics related to the activities of the charity press liaison
and public relations
• writing or contributing to publications which accompany events and activities
• marketing a performance or event through social media, direct mail, advertising,
websites, posters or publicity leaflets and attracting media coverage
• developing new projects and initiatives in consultation with arts professionals and
key stakeholders (e.g. local authorities, local government and communities, venue
directors and regional arts boards)
• ensuring corporate and legal requirements are complied with, and reporting to the board of directors.
The applicant should be experienced in arts management and/or managing a creative business and have a proven track record of fundraising and revenue development.
This position is part-time, up to 2 days per week, from IJAD’s offices in Willesden Green. This is initially a 3-month position to be reviewed with the possibility of becoming a permanent position
- A highly motivated and independent individual who has excellent written and verbal
communication, organisational and interpersonal skills. Applicants should
demonstrate the ability to multi-task across a portfolio of projects and to work with
close attention to detail in a moderate moving environment.
- fundraising skills
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Conversant with Google docs and Microsoft Office (including experience managing
- Interested in social media and digital technology
- This is a great opportunity for someone who is career-focused and interested in
taking on responsibility as there is growth within the role to diversify into other areas
• Experience of managing Database
• Previous experience working within the digital world
IJAD has no political or religious affiliations and actively seeks opportunities to work with a
wide range of cultures in the UK and abroad, achieving inter-cultural harmony through the
highest quality contemporary dance events.
Applications due: 28 February 2020
Interviews will be held on the week of the 2 March 2020. If you need more info email
your questions to: email@example.com.
Please note: You need to send a covering letter explaining why you want to work with
IJAD and a C.V. The position is for applicants who areself employed and legally allowed to
work within the U.K.
The interview will take place in two stages.