Home > Work with us
Part-time General ManagerJob-Spec Part-time General Manager: up to two days a week Rate £95 to £130 a day experience pending. This has the potential in developing to a full time role. IJAD’s office is in Willesden Green, West London. Job Description We have an exciting opportunity for a creative, motivated and well-organised individual to take on the job of IJAD DANCE COMPANY General Manager. We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic, reliable, an excellent communicator and who has a good understanding of arts management and fundraising. About IJAD IJAD Dance Company develops new forms of dance for the digital sphere, making contemporary dance accessible, participatory and connective. Founded on the ethos that the arts should shape our digital future, IJAD creates high-quality dance and researches innovative digital platforms. IJAD is a non-profit creative dance company dedicated to involving people that are, historically, less likely to engage with contemporary dance. We do this through multi-disciplinary performances, outreach programmes, and the development of digital technology for co-creation. We believe in the power of dance to uplift the human spirit and enhance people’s lives. The internet is a new arena for dance which requires different processes to a physical performance. IJAD asks how we can make dance digital as well as physical. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__2JX8NdunU https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=IJAD+dance The General Manager will work closely with the Artistic Director, Event Producer(s), and Volunteer Coordinator. Key Responsibilities include: • Working with IJAD’s team to develop partnerships and income-generating opportunities
• Help create and action a long-term plan to sustainably grow the organisation
• Fundraising: researching, applying for and administrating grants and other income-generating possibilities
• Overseeing year-round running of the organisation
• Carrying on building the companies profile within the dance venues/galleries/museums/festivals/virtual platforms for performing and commissioning opportunities.
• Carrying on engaging with schools/universities/venues/galleries for engaging in workshops and receiving the toolkit.
• Understands Social media and converse on it The applicant should be experienced in arts management and/or managing a creative business and have a proven track record of fundraising and revenue development. This position is part-time, 2 days per week, from IJAD’s offices in Willesden Green. This is initially a 3-month paid position to be reviewed with the possibility of becoming a permanent position. Essential Skills
- Experienced Project Manager – a highly motivated and independent individual who has excellent written and verbal communication, organisational and interpersonal skills. Applicants should demonstrate the ability to multi-task across a portfolio of projects and to work with close attention to detail in a moderate moving environment
- Experience writing successful fundraising applications and have solid understanding of the marketing process
- You will be passionate about the arts and bringing then to a wide range of people
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Conversant with Google docs and Microsoft Office (including experience with budgets)
- Interested in social media and digital technology in the arts
- This is a great opportunity for someone who is career-focused and interested in taking on responsibility as there is growth within the role to diversify into other areas of management. Desirable Skills
Experience of managing volunteers
Knowledge of the tour booking process
Experience in other areas of fundraising
Previous experience working within the dance world
Previous experience working within the digital world IJAD has no political or religious affiliations and actively seeks opportunities to work with a wide range of cultures in the UK and abroad, achieving inter-cultural harmony through the highest quality contemporary dance events. Applications due: Friday 16 September 2016 Interviews will be held on Tuesday 20 September 2016. If you need more info e-mail your questions to: email@example.com Please note: You need to send a covering letter explaining why you want to work with IJAD and a C.V. The position is for self employed and legally allowed to work within the U.K. The interview will take place in two stages: the first is being invited to meet the team, then we will ask you to submit a work plan; the second stage is meeting the trustees.